Pages

Saturday 11 August 2012

Lip Balms

My post on 11th August 2012 talks about L'Occitane 100% Shea Butter lip balm. I've tried a few lip balms in my life. What I look for in a lip balm is that it MUST moisturize. DUH! The second factor which is just as important is the feel of it on my lips. No way do I want it to be glossy or shiny. I'm not applying a lip gloss here... (-_____-lll)

Let me show you the types of lip balm I've tried...

I present you the 8-Hr Cream!!!

No distinct smell. Slight gloss = I don't like it as a lip balm. It claims to soothes minor skin irritations. It's also for the following symptoms of:
  1. Chapping
  2. Peeling or Flaking due to minor burns
  3. Sunburn
  4. Windburn
  5. Scrapes
  6. Abrasions
  7. Cracked lips
I guess I can use this for other purposes other than the last claim. That's just me.

This product seems to have lots of fans out there. I think Catherine Zeta Jones is one of them. I'm not sure if she use it for her lips though. I bought this in-flight just a while ago. I can't remember the price. I'm terrible at that!

Next? Kiehl's Lip Balm SPF15

This is not bad. Had I not found my Shea Butter from L'Occitane, I'd use this. This has SPF and so I guess it's good for outdoors. If you are one who's got to have products with SPF on your face, this is the one for you. I'm not so particular so I guess I'll just stick to L'Occitane.


Ah... Burt's Bees. This isn't glossy BUT! It ain't moisturizing enough for me. I bought this from Sephora in Orchard Ion.

So much for lip balm... Now, I present you a product for exfoliation of lips!


I bought this from LUSH in Wisma Atria. They have a couple of flavors. I got it in Mint Choc. It really taste like it! I like it that you take some out with your finger and rub it against your lips. Clean up? Just lick it all up!!! I don't advise doing this after brushing your teeth. Good exfoliation, not overly coarse.

See photo of the content:


And the ingredients...


That's all for now folks! Have an enjoyable Sunday!

Dreamy C

No comments:

Post a Comment