Pages

Saturday 15 September 2012

Foundation

I've combination/oily complexion. A formula for clogged pores, blackheads, excessive sebum etc. The good thing about having such complexion is lower tendency to have wrinkles or longer time required for wrinkles to show, a glow to the face rain or shine, no flakes. With my kind of complexion, it's tough maintaining foundation on my face. I've tried many and I've not found the perfect one yet. Perhaps I'm just too fussy.

Garnier BB Cream


This product is foolproof. I'm real bad when it comes to finding the right shade. I sucks at it. It blends into my face well and I can hardly tell I've foundation on.

Light coverage and so, it doesn't cover that well but hey! At least your face don't look plastic - a comment J gave me recently.

It only lasted me 3 hours. After that, you can see the shine in my T-zone.

Skin Food BB Cream


Fared slightly better than that from Garnier. Lasted for 4 hours plus. Blends well. Light coverage.

Lancome


Blends well, looks good, light coverage. Took around 4 hours for the shine to break through.

Revlon


Blends well, medium coverage. When I applied this, there's a smell which I cannot describe now. Cannot remember but there is a smell and during the first half of the day, I can still smell it on and off. No, it's not gone bad. I checked before I purchase!

4 hours later, very slight oil on my nose. 8 hours later, forehead and nose shines but not in excessive. Wah Sey! Holding power good man! The only problem is that I feel that over long hours, it doesn't look as fresh, as natural, as good when compared to the earlier 3 products. Aiya, I'm hard to please.

The Swatches...

L-R (Lancome, Skin Food, Garnier, Revlon)

I'm still in search of better liquid foundation. I've heard that both Estee Lauder and Bobbi Brown have good ones for oily complexions. Hmmm…

Dreamy C

No comments:

Post a Comment