Pages

Thursday 4 October 2012

Body Check-Up

I went for a body check-up last Saturday. Yesterday, I went back to the doctor to get my report.

I'm now in my early thirties and I was told that it's always good to do a yearly body check-up, especially so for women. Once every 2 or 3 years, it's good to do a Pap Smear and a body check-up once a year. Of course, you do a thorough one at first and subsequently, it's just a general one.

I did a thorough one @ Camden Medical Centre for 900 over bucks. That was last year. This year, I did a general one at my family doctor for less than $150. The result's back and I'm good. Well, I can do better in the Cholesterol section. There goes my chicken wings, my fast food, my char kway teow, my black pepper crab, my cereal prawns, my chicken rice and so much more...

Exercise! Why must I exercise?! =(

After the doctor, I went for my dinner. I went to have some good, hot Penang Prawn Noodles. Ha ha... I swear I've taken a picture but I couldn't find it anywhere in my Black Berry. No picture on the food but there's one on the crowd.

There!
 
Well, it's a stall near the coffee shop beside Jubilee in AMK. It's just beside the stall selling Western Food. Taste not bad and worth eating whenever you are somewhere near.
 
 
Since everything's good from the report, I've decided to get the jab for Hepatitis A and B even though it's non-reactive for me. I was told that Hepatitis B can lead to Liver Cancer. Hepatitis can be transmitted through food (if I'm not wrong).
 
The jab for Hep A can last a lifetime and for Hep B, it usually last between 5 - 10 years.
 
The 1st jab is a mixture of Hep A and Hep B. 2 bottles of Hep B and 1 bottle of Hep A. Doctor says that Hep B has to be of a higher dosage.
 
The 2nd jab will be due 1 month later and it's only Hep B.
 
The final (if you are lucky) jab is another mixture of Hep A and Hep B.
 
Thereafter, a blood test is needed to see if Hep B works. If all's clear, then you are good to go. Otherwise, another jab of Hep B is needed. That is why I say - IF you are lucky! Ha ha...
 
Doctor also told me that in the 1960's, Hep B was transmitted through doctors. You see, back then, needles weren't on one-to-one basis. Doctors would have the same needle for many people. That's when Hep B gets spread very quickly.
 
Honey Chicken Wings
 
Well, since I'm going to eat more healthily, I suppose a last good meal snack wouldn't be all that bad. ^^ Besides, these were grilled!
 
Have you gone for a body check-up this year? If not, I suggest you do it. It's VERY IMPORTANT! Health is the most important thing in life, even more than happiness. Imagine me eating whatever I want and not exercise and live happily this way for many years. Down the road, my health is being sacrificed and perhaps my Kidneys might fail. Not Happy!!! Make the RIGHT decision people...
 
I wish you the Best of Health, Great Happiness and Wealth in Abundance!
 
Dreamy C

No comments:

Post a Comment