Pages

Thursday 17 October 2013

An Interesting Find...


This is what I found in Kinokuniya recently. I was so happy to see this. They have it for Cantonese as well. As for Hokkien and the rest, I'm not sure as the Teochew and Cantonese are the only ones I saw that day. I'm sure Kinokuniya will have stock for other languages.

I'm a Teochew but sucks at the language. I gave this book a try and read aloud. I did not notice if the people around me are staring at me. I was too engrossed in reading the words in Teochew. There's words like steamboat, lemon, spoon, toothbrush, banana etc. When I first saw this book, I thought of my niece immediately. Though too early for her to start reading, I thought it's pretty harmless having such a book on hand. Not cheap though for a few pages of words. Anyway, it's worth it considering our younger generation losing the capability to speak in their dialect.

Dreamy C

No comments:

Post a Comment