Pages

Wednesday 12 February 2014

Update 12.02.2014

I've been sick for the past few weeks. I finally went to the doctor yesterday and was told that I've bacteria/virus infection. He gave me a small mirror and asked me to look at the top of my throat. I was shocked to see red dots and red lines around it. He said those are bacteria and it's also why I'm having fever at night. It might not be this bad had I made a trip to see him earlier.

As I was sick, I slept with my helper. J couldn't sleep without the air-con and there's no way I can sleep with air-con given my condition. I felt good sleeping with my helper, no air-con for once. I just couldn't tolerate the heat as the hours pass. There's no fan! I wouldn't complain if there's wind but there's none. I wonder what your dream room would be like.

Me? First, I need at least a Queen-sized mattress and a firm one.
2nd, I need pillows which aren't too soft or too hard.
3rd, I need to spray my pillows with lavender from L'occitaine.
4th, I need to apply body cream from Lancome/L'occitaine/Crabtree & Evelyn.
5th, I need to apply the same brand of hand cream.
6th, I need to light some small candles, preferably lavender ones.
7th, I need a fan of speed up to 2 or 3.
8th, I need cotton PJ which are matching.
9th, I need a soft comforter.
10th, I need a big Forever Friends bear.
11th, I need floral/nature mattress, pillow and comforter covers.
12th, I might need a cover for my eyes. You know those offered to you on night flights? I'm thinking of trying to sleep with them on.

Well, I can't think of anything else... Not too luxurious and not that pathetic. I guess my list is just slightly better than the basics. =)

Till then, I'll have to make do w/o the candles, fan, matching PJ, body cream, teddy bear and eye cover.

I hope I recover by tomorrow as this Friday is the last day of Chinese New Year and what better way to end it by having a good meal? =) If I'm still ill, there's no way I can eat all those fried food... =(

As I''m typing this entry out, I'm listening to Young and Beautiful by Lana Del Ray which reminded me of the movie - Gatsby. Such a poor soul to die in such a way. I still don't feel that the woman's worth all the trouble. Oh well...

Mid-week and I'm looking forward to the weekends already. I'm glad Mommy's still alive. She's perhaps the only one who genuinely cares whenever I'm sick or sad. Human beings are hard to fathom at times. She's gone to Johor today with a girlfriend. My Mom's not the type who stays at home and do homely stuff. She's the type who line up her day with programs whenever she has the time for them. Karaoke, dancing, going to Johor, stuff like that. Oh and mahjong! I'm surprised I don't know how to play mahjong when my Mom's a pro at it! So is my granny who passed away some 12 years ago. Boy I miss her...!

Well, that's all for my update and blabbering for today.
I hope you have a great one!

Dreamy C

No comments:

Post a Comment