Pages

Sunday 28 December 2014

Essensuals Bugis

Talk about 'suay-ness'. Suay = unlucky.
I wanted to go to Rise Hair Salon for a hair treatment after a pleasant first visit.
I gave them a call earlier this month only to find out that they have closed permanently.
Nnnooooo!!! Why does it have to turn out this way?!
Okie so after that, I started looking for hair treatment in another good place and couldn't find any.
I ended up in Essensuals at Bugis, just on top of Burger King, after seeing Yan Kay Kay's comment on instagram about her hair from that salon. From where I stay, it took only 30 minutes to reach, provided I don't have to wait for long for the bus to arrive. This include the time taken to walk over from Bugis MRT station. That's pretty convenient for me. ^^

I went in and there's hardly any customers. Too early? I reached there 11.15 a.m. The crowd started coming in about 15 - 30 minutes later.
When I booked for an appointment weeks earlier, I told them that I'll be there for a haircut and hair treatment. It seemed that there's some mis-communication as Wayne (the hairstylist assigned to me) told me he wasn't aware that I was there for a haircut as well. Hence, after the hair treatment, I was left there waiting for a good 10 minutes at least. Well, Wayne did come and notify me that there's going to be a wait and he did apologize for the delay so all's good.

Overall, I quite like the service and the haircut Wayne gave me. It's nothing extraordinary.
It's just a simple cut. Simplicity is beautiful! ^^

The Nioxin shampoo and conditioner comes free. I believe they have a promotion going on now.
I did however, purchase a hair tonic from them, to be used thrice weekly.
I shall try the treatment from Essensuals for 3 - 6 months before passing my verdict.
All I can say now is that the shampoo, conditioner and hair tonic smell great!
The conditioner is really minty which is really refreshing.
Tonic - no need to use daily which is a time saver!
Hair is really soft after treatment. I washed my hair this morning and it's still soft!
I was taken aback when Wayne told me that the conditioner has to be applied to the scalp!
Well, I guess Nioxin is special in its way...

3 - 6 months later, I shall see if I would like to continue the treatment there...

Have a great Sunday Peeps!

Dreamy C

No comments:

Post a Comment