Pages

Monday 22 December 2014

Healthy Eating on 22.12.2014

This is my 3rd day of eating healthier, food with more fibre.
I must say I'm enjoying it... In fact, for the 1st time in my life, I can feel my body craving for it.
Yes, you read that right. My body CRAVE for healthy food!
The past me loves rice, fish, meat, veggie, fried food, junk food and food purchased outside be it from coffeeshops or restaurants. Salads and raw greens? Yuck! The only raw stuff I like is sashimi!
The me now? I can't believe I actually am looking forward to my breakfasts!
I actually have smoothies for breakfast 3 days ago and I'm STILL enjoying it...


Today, I had Green Smoothie 1 for breakfast.
It doesn't look good but I assure you, it taste REALLY good...
It consist of banana, carrots, grapes, baby spinach and strawberries.
The recipe doesn't call for it but I added in 2 x Tbsp of Ground Flaxseed. Boy I LURVE this stuff!
I even add them in my salad for dinner which you're going to read about it further down.
For this smoothie, I added in some water and 1 x Tbsp honey.
The next time I do this, I'm going to skip the honey and add in coconut water instead of purified water.

We had lunch at Crystal Jade today.
On the 2nd day of my healthy eating journey which is yesterday, I lunched out.
Initially, I felt really great eating out! Imagine after all the salads.
Lunching out is like freedom... *singing*
Before I eat, I felt really good and looking forward to it. After all the eating, my body actually responds negatively. I felt bloated and just not that great. That's when I felt my body craving for healthy food and I actually looked forward to my usual dinner yesterday!

Come today, I thought I wouldn't feel the same way but after lunch, again, my body crave for my usual healthy dinner and I totally enjoyed it!

Dinner today is mixed salad with baby spinach, apple, boiled egg, potato, ground flaxseed and fried salmon skin with balsamic vinegar dressing.
Taste ssssoooo good... so good...

So one of the girls I met yesterday, told me that if I'm into smoothies, I should probably consider getting myself a good blender like the NutriBullet.
Go Google it and you'll know why.
I did some research and found out that you can get it on Qoo10 for slightly less than USD80.
I'm going to speak to this gf later tonight before I make my decision.
I'm really looking forward to eating healthy now.
Of course, life would be meaningless if you were to eat healthy 365 days a year, every year.
Hence, I allow myself some 'cheat' days. I'll try to eat healthy at home and if I do have meal appointments, I would just go ahead with it! I would definitely not go all the way out and bring my own healthy meal out. ^^

To read about what my 1st purchase from iHerb consist of, click HERE.

My breakfast tomorrow will be Green Smoothie 1 again.
I'll omit the Ground Flaxseed as my meals tomorrow is pretty high-fibre.
Hence, I don't need to add in extras in order to meet the daily minimum requirement.

Lunch will be out again.

Dinner will be the same salad I had tonight but there will be no fried salmon skin.
I'll add in 1/2 x cup of chickpeas instead.
I need to finish those chickpeas in the fridge that's why...

So now you know what I'll be having tomorrow!
A point to note: When doing all these fibre stuff, drink LOTS of water.
I'm doing around 2 Ltrs per day. ^^

Have a great day Peeps!

Dreamy C

No comments:

Post a Comment