Pages

Saturday 21 February 2015

Steamboat for CNY

I don't know about you but I luuurrrvveee steamboat.
There's no need to wait till the Eve of CNY to enjoy steamboat. 
In fact, I can have it 365 days a year, every year if I want to! Simply 'cos it's easily available.
Nearing CNY, steamboat is not THAT easily available. Even if they are available, they don't taste as good. Hence why I like to prepare it myself.

Even though I've had my reunion dinner with Mom and Bro in Buffet Town, 
a reunion dinner in my opinion, is not complete without steamboat. ^^

I snapped photos to share with you guys on MY version of steamboat.
I made some dumplings myself and I also made a chilli dip with the help of the sauce from Dancing Chef! Great! I just added some sauce in a bowl. Then I added some sesame oil, sesame seeds, minced garlic and some chilli padi. Yumz...

1st Row: Fish Dumplings, Pacific Clams, Tiger Prawns, Chicken, Handmade Dumplings
2nd Row: Tofu, Pork Balls, Crabsticks, Taiwan Sausages, Red Snapper, Pork Belly, Fishballs, Silken Tofu
Last Row: Yu Sheng, Enoki Mushrooms, Lettuce, Dang Oh (there's slices of abalone in the Yu Sheng)

My broth is made up of chicken and fish. It's quite a mix but still good. ^^
Well, that's my reunion dinner for you! I'm sure we're going to have a few more rounds of Yu Sheng in the remaining days of CNY. There's a total of 15 days for CNY! I LURRRRVVEEE Yu Sheng! ^^

On CNY, we also have pineapple tarts and oranges!
These were made by S.
A bit sweet for my taste. I prefer them slightly tart. =D
I was however, given some really nice ones from my cousin! *heart*

I hope you've been enjoying your holidays thus far!
Xin Nian Kuai Le! (Happy New Year)
Shen Ti Jian Kang! (Good Health)

Dreamy C

No comments:

Post a Comment